Short study on the nature of things

When asleep my room no longer existed. My eyes closed these objects faded from my mind, the absence of light causing them, to disappear. It did not caused these things to simply plunge into darkness. They had in fact completely stopped existing because the particles of light no longer bounced  upon their surface, depriving them of what was giving them their form. In a sense this was no mistaken, as nothing really exists without its own image. My unswerving conviction was reinforced by the certainty that if I tried to touch the night table with the tips of my fingers I would have fallen into the abyss and my consciousness would not have the time to reconstruct the object that might break my fall.

Once, when I had to spend the night away from home and we had to turn off the light to sleep, I was in a complete darkness that I noticed I'd never experienced before. The only thing I could hold onto was the clear sound of ticking from the clock, each second passing keeping me from sleep. It was at this first time I realised that the sounds and the images of this world were one, and that even without my presence, these objects might remain. This presented me with undeniable evidence that even if nothing really exists without its own image; and even if the image that I make of the world is also that which I perceive, without light things are still in motion.

The world is beyond me.

Man is kindled and put out like a light in the night time.

Time itself also happened

I believed that I could remember things that hadn't happened yet and couldn't tell the difference between what had already happened and what was yet to come. Another of my beliefs was the idea  that I could only partially change what would happen in the future, while others could control events completely.

When I tried later to explain the feeling, I figured that every moment in which we take part is continously being written in our conscience. Whenever for one reason or another we overlook the writing, the instant in we are immersed is interrupted for an infitesimal unit of time. This lets us glimpse the immediate world for a brief instant, but without remembering, and what we perceive  is indeed registered but with delay, as a memory of something we have lived already...

Today I am witness of the paradox of the stars, whose image as I am perceiving them predates my own birth.

We only ever touch the real though the memory we make of it.. We only remember what will happen, remind our conscience of it in that fraction of a second that separate us from the real.

Laurent Montaron





Estando en Lyon fui al museo de Arte Contemporáneo. Estaba triste, y decidí verme generosa conmigo misma invirtiendo 12 euros en la entrada.  Algo extraño me pasa en los museos, me sacan de contexto y muchas veces no sé ni en dónde estoy hasta que escucho a la gente hablar. El Museo de Arte Contemporáneo está enmedio de la Cité Internationale, diseñada por Renzo Piano. El lugar es muy bonito, rodeado por el Parc de la Tête D'Or y el Río Ródano, no se le podría pedir más.. aunque tal vez más yo diría que le falta vida. Es un lugar inmaculado, pero para mí, desolado. Probablemente estaba afectada por mi lúgubre tono emocional de entonces. En mi recuerdo es un lugar impresionante pero con un dejo de tristeza. A saber pues.

En el museo ví varias exposiciones e instalaciones parte de la Bienal de Lyon. Muchas no entendí, otras de plano no me gustaron y unas cuantas me gustaron y/o interesaron mucho. Este texto es parte de una de las últimas. Es una instalación en video en la que se escucha esta lectura en voz en off. Traté de escuchar lo más atentamente posible, y por lo poco que capté (el audio dejaba mucho que desear), me gustó mucho. Luego ví que regalaban el texto escrito, lo guardé y apenas lo hallé hoy, arrugado y casi roto. Resistió mucho el papelito como para no ser divulgado por acá.






0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

Flickr Photostream

lastfm

Twitter Updates

www.flickr.com
Éste es un módulo Flickr que muestra fotos o videos públicos de la_cotita. Crea tu propio módulo aquí.

Meet The Author

personal dna