PGO vs PGO

I opened a new Facebook group about my beloved PGO waves. Ok, first of all I didn't knew that there was a car brand called PGO, secondly, that were so tiny (and damn cute), and thirdly, that they were sooo popular (yeah I want one)... therefore they get all the attention ·"!"&·&/($)($=?¿ mini-cute-joie de vivre-french-cars, without this PGO's I bet your PGOs wouldn't even exist. Anyhow, I posted my first topic in my unpopular PGO group, and I wanted to share it in my unpopular blog as well (in english since is sciiiieeence ;-).

Through the past 2 years or so, I've been watching how PGO activity/P waves slowly turned to be"out of fashion". I suppose it was an obvious turn due to the boom of SWS' new discoveries. Nevertheless, in my most recent research in PubMed under the topic PGO waves, not only did I found two new papers -er- the third is mine- LOL, but gladly I noticed that both of them were performed in humans (not my case).
The thing that surprised me the most was that both of them stated the crucial role that PGO activity have in the generation of Rapid Eye Movements, and therefore in dreams IN HUMANS, a theory that my late boss Dr. José María Calvo would have loved to see proved.

Anyway, if anyone ever gets interested in this subject, here are the two references to both Conduit and Miyauchi's works:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18830586?ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum


http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19294960?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum



That's it.


No, no that's not it. Please do notice that in the wikipedia article about PGO waves, there is a reference (no. 11) to one of my boss' works, which, by the way, isn't my favourite. Nonetheless, the wonderous relation between PGO activity and limbic areas, namely amygdala, will always be rightfully attributed to, My Boss.

Now, that's it.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

Flickr Photostream

lastfm

Twitter Updates

www.flickr.com
Éste es un módulo Flickr que muestra fotos o videos públicos de la_cotita. Crea tu propio módulo aquí.

Meet The Author

personal dna